The kind of Foods to maintain our healthy blood pressure are the right foods for our physical and mental health. The Dash diet plan is one of the diets that help to get healthy nutrients. This diet is most efficient to maintain healthy blood pressure because foods included in this diet are low in cholesterol and saturated fats. These are also fat-free foods.
What is the dash diet?
It is eating plan diet that includes lots of fresh fruits and vegetables which are necessary to reduce high blood pressure. Thus, it reduces the risks of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
To maintain a healthy blood pressure consider the following tips in your eating styles. If you are not used to this because you have been eating unhealthy in your daily meals including your snacks, then it is now time to have a shift to this kind of food.
It is essential to eat fresh fruits and vegetables with whole grains like pasta in the center of your meal as the dash diet lower risk in our body.
Meat can only be made a side dish and not the main dish. But choose the lean meat or poultry instead of ground or red meat.
If possible, make fish a substitute for meat. To forget your bad eating habits, eat a variety of textures, colors, and tastes in order not to get bored of the same kinds of foods. Never deep fry food, but instead steam, roast and grill them.
Do not put too many seasonings in the food you cook but instead create your mixture of seasonings to give taste to them. Canned foods are not advisable but if you do include it in your meal then rinse them off and cure them before eating. If it is impossible to make abrupt changes in your diet and to eat styles, then have it gradually. Your determination and control not to take unhealthy foods are required.
Dash diet guidelines
- Heart diseases can be prevented because there are low cholesterol level and reduction of fats as well as saturated fats.
- There is an increase in lycopene, phytochemicals, and beta-carotene in the body because of increasing intake of vegetables, fruits and low-fat dairy foods which can protect the body from heart diseases and cancer.
- There is an increase in fiber which aids in lessening cholesterol and in the smooth digestion of foods which helps the body from excreting wastes.
- There is lower blood pressure because of lesser salt intake which thus prevents atherosclerosis and congestive heart failure.
- The diet does not encourage sweets and beverages and food which are high in sugar. Therefore, it maintains sugar balance in the body as well as lower calories.
With these, Dash diet provides major nutrients our body needs because it is loaded with minerals like potassium, magnesium, protein, and calcium. It is designed more for people with hypertension or high blood pressure and not really for those with the purpose of only losing weight to help them maintain healthy blood pressure.